2008年8月18日月曜日

International Communication

Writter Tomoko Nawata

Today we had a conversation class with local students of Japanese language. I was surprised to hear that they have been studying Japanese for only five months. They was able to understand our Japanese and use it. I was ashamed to say that I've been studying English about seven years. It's much more difficult to speak English than to read and write. Japanese government took listening test in the Center exam, but I think it's not enough to improve our genuine English skill. I wanted to study speaking English much earlier.

I was pleased that they are interested in my country. I didn't like Japan very much before I came here, but now I love Japan. It is true that there is not so much nature in Japan, but when it comes to food and service, nothing is better than Japan I think. Today I felt not only other culture but also our own culture throw other filter. It was good opportunity for me.

1 件のコメント:

Macquarie.GroupB さんのコメント...

Hello. I'm glad to know that you are now more motivated to study English after you met with the local students and that you like Japan better. I'll be at Macquarie on 20th and 21st. See you soon.
-Shigeru Matsumoto